Are you tired of being micromanaged?
Do you seek autonomy in the workplace?
Looking for opportunities for advancement?
Seeking a better work/life balance?
Reasons why Forensic Building Consultants may be the change you need:
- Encouraging personal and professional growth
- Making employees a priority
- Valuing your unique input and skills
- 4x10 work week, so you can spend more time doing what you love outside of the office
- Fun, encouraging, and inclusive company culture
- Riverfront office space and team building events
- See your talent and expertise have a direct impact on our clients and projects
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with match after first year
- PTO and paid federal holidays
- Competitive Health Insurance packages
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
Since 2003, our people, culture, and approach to client service have set us apart from our competition. The Forensic Core Purpose is to provide Trusted Solutions to our clients, supplying them with what they need to make the most informed decision about their building or project.
Our team is the most important distinction from our competition. When you join Forensic, you join a passionate, innovative, eager, and down to earth team. We don’t mind rolling up our sleeves to go the full distance in developing solution for our clients. Feedback on the Forensic process and team includes flexibility, open-mindedness, and trustworthiness.
We provide a positive and rewarding workplace cultures, which supports employees both personally and professionally. Employee’s ideas and opinions matter at Forensic. Our open door policy offers staff direct access to the owners, encouraging ideas and opinions, which ultimately lead to the best solutions for our clients. We have a saying around the office, “check your ego at the door.” While deep technical skills are critical for us, it is the professional, disciplined, and attentive individuals that are key to the environment. Attitude and cultural fit come first at Forensic.
The Building Science Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, performing, and overseeing all aspects of Building Science projects. This role will be primarily responsible for overseeing multiple projects, providing building enclosure-related 3rd party consulting and testing services to clients while providing leadership, mentorship, and training to Specialists and Technicians.
The Project Manager plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within designated time frame and proposed cost either personally or through management and mentorship of the project team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as trusted advisor to Clients and prospective Clients; own and develop the Client relationship
- Proactively keep clients and stakeholders informed of project status and changes
- Assume full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, budget and execution
- Perform project tracking and quality control including; regular project status reviews of actual vs planned; facilitating project status and design review meetings internally and with client; take appropriate actions to address variance to project plan; follow standardized procedures for change orders and all Forensic processes/procedures
- Conduct site evaluations and /or Quality Assurance observations and reporting
- Prepare and/or review Construction Documents, to include drawings and specifications as designer of record or as 3rd party peer reviewer, specifically for building envelope and architectural systems.
- Confer with project team and provide technical and directional advice as needed
- Manage time and resources effectively using the department look ahead planner; maintain and communicate schedule
- Perform and/or oversee the planning and execution of building envelope related field testing (ASTM E783, E1105, E779, AAMA 501.2, etc.)
- Explore opportunities to enhance service with or up sale existing clients/projects
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma/equivalent required
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in civil or structural engineering, construction or architecture preferred
- P.E./AIA or other relevant licensure preferred
- Certification in industry-specific technical areas (roofing, fenestrations, waterproofing, commissioning)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the building envelope consulting industry
- Specialized focus in 5 or more industry areas of technical expertise (roofing, cost estimating, etc) preferred
- Experience working in the Portland market preferred
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Must have practical understanding of building enclosure systems, specifically roofing, waterproofing, claddings, fenestration, and air/water/thermal/vapor barriers.
- Excellent skills in technical writing and oral communication
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- Must have ability to lead and contribute to team in a collaborative, interactive environment
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail, and consistency in work product
- Previous experience working with project invoicing and budget management
- Previous successful results in upselling services/scope
- Preferred proficiency in one or more design/modeling software programs, including AutoCAD; Bluebeam®, WUFI, THERM, etc.
- Travel is required
- Must be able to independently lift 25 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time